Day 004, Wednesday, 1 April, 2009

Distance travelled – 0 km
Avg speed – 0 kph
Max speed – 0 kph

The morning’s forecast was for even more rain 40 – 60mm. There has been extensive flooding around Coffs Harbour which the news described as a significant one in 100 year event. The area has been declared a natural disaster area. We plan to be in Coffs in 12 days so we hope everything  has cleared by then. We just heard the rail line has been washed away so there may not be an easy way around if the Pacific Highway remains blocked.

We decided we didn’t want to be miserable riding in the rain all day so booked our cabin for another night. The forecast is that the rain will ease overnight. Showers are forecast for the rest of the week so we do expect to get wet over the next couple of days. We hope our trip is not responsible for breaking the drought!


Zoom into the map to see our new location.



Umina Beach

Previous Report

Next Report



Photography by Multilocus - A Division of Multilocus Interactive Pty Ltd
Home | Daily Reports | About | Contact Us | Merchandise | Site Map
© 2008 Mark Arundel